8/11/08

Weekend at Grama and Grampa's House


I took Maya and Zoe to Green Bay this weekend to visit Grama Kim and Grampa Jim. On Saturday, we took the girls to Bay Beach to ride some rides. For Maya's first ride, she picked the Ladybugs. While in line, she decided she wanted to ride the "yeyo bud" (yellow ladybug). She climbed in and snapped her buckle, then grabbed the wheel and started driving. As soon as I turned to leave, she yelled "peenk bud" (pink bug) and started crying. She cried through the whole ride (and so did I). She wasn't interested in any of the other rides either, so we played on the park equipment instead. After the park, we brought her to see the live ponies. As soon as she saw other kids riding the ponies, she said "Maya wide" (Maya ride). Maya was certain she wanted to ride the ponies. So I bought a $2 ticket for her and one for me to walk next to her. We waited in line (she was sooo excited). The second her butt hit the saddle, she started crying. I tried to distract her ("What does the horsey say?"), but she wanted off. So for $4, we watched the ponies go in a circle from outside the pen. Maybe next year.

No comments: